Community Research Alliance Part-time Position
Community Research Alliance Part-time Coordinator Position
The Institute for Community Research (ICR) has an immediate opening for an 18-month part time (3 days per week) coordinator position to organize and manage the activities of the Community Research Alliance (CRA). The CRA is an alliance of more than 20 community organizations/service providers and university partners in the greater Hartford area that have a common interest in promoting health-related equity, and reducing health-related disparities through building inter and intra-organization evaluation capacity, sharing knowledge, and engagement in community-based research activities with partners at local institutions and universities. The position is based at and supervised by senior personnel at the ICR, and the coordinator responds to the CRA co-chairs and steering committee.
- Work with CRA leadership to conceptualize Alliance work, decide on activities, focus funding searches, find appropriate partners for health-related research, evaluation and consultation.
- Facilitate the development and coordination of cross-organizational capacity building and university and hospital/clinic research partnerships.
- Assist in facilitating community university joint study development.
- Coordinate and implement CRA events
- Work with the Steering Committee to fundraise, write and submit grant proposals, and play a key role in infrastructure and project-based fundraising to continue CRA work.
- Expand CRA membership through organizational marketing, communication, outreach and website and Facebook maintenance
- Maintain contact with Alliance members and ensure their attendance at meetings and unique contributions.
- Manage Alliance administrative work (writing relevant reports, scheduling meetings, developing agendas, ensuring attendance, and taking and disseminating meeting minutes and related documentation).
- MA/MS/MPH in social work, public health, or social or systems science.
- Experience in community-based participatory research (CBPR) and evaluation activities especially related to health disparities.
- Experience working in NGO/CBO settings, and understanding of CBO/NGO organizational challenges.
- Work experience with diverse ethnic/cultural, linguistic and health disparities communities in Hartford or similar setting.
- Experience obtaining or assisting in obtaining funding for CBO/NGO activities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to manage a wide variety of internal and external relationships.
- Highly organized, with ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent writing and editing skills, with high attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently, as part of a team and across teams.
- Strong work ethic, high degree of self-motivation and initiative, and ability to meet deadlines and respond with flexibility to unanticipated requests.
Salary: Commensurate with experience up to annualized $60,000
How to Apply: Interested qualified candidates should send resume and cover letter to Emily.firstname.lastname@example.org or mail materials to HR Department, Institute for Community Research, 2 Hartford Square West, Suite 100, Hartford, CT 01606. Position will be posted until filled.